Friday 18 June 2010

Sturmey Archer, Campagnolo - Yet more games, yet another WC 2010 preview. Oh God make it stop.

Game 24 - Netherlands v Japan
V





Netherlands will be represented by: Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Krushchev

Japan will be represented by:
Princess Grace, "Peyton Place", trouble in the Suez

Lordy! Brigitte Bardot v Princess Grace. Now there's a wrestling match I'd have paid good money to see. Maybe not now, but back in their time and all that. Can't seperate them I'm afraid (and I'm not sure I'd want to). 1-1

Never been to Budapest, I'm sure it's lovely though, and certainly better than 60's American soap opera Peyton Place, which (and this makes me officially old) I can remember my Nan watching. 2-1

Does anyone really care about Alabama? Does anyone know anything about Alabama? Mind you going up against 'trouble in the Suez'...oh for fucks sake! Ever had what you thought was a really great idea only to find out that it's really total bollocks? I'm getting that now, I get it often half way through DIY projects which is why our house was the only place to ever be blacklisted by Nick 'Fucking' Knowles. 2-1

Game 24 - Netherlands win

Game 25 - Ghana v Australia

V

Ghana will be represented by: Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac

Australia will be represented by: Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai"

Little Rock is a town in Arkansas, why has Joel included it in his bloody song? Fuck knows, even Wikipedia can't help me there. Sputnik kicked off the space race, it wins because, well because I say so. 0-1

Pasternak wrote Doctor Zhivago, which is reason enough for him to lose straight away (I have no culture), pasternak is also Russian for parsnip, never let it be said this blog isn't an education! Chou En Lai was the first Premier of the Peoples Republic of China, therefore probably very important and all that. 0-2

Mickey Mantle was the thick jobseeker in League of Gentleman wasn't he? Oh no, I'm wrong, he's yet another bloody rounders player, fuck him then. Bridge on the River Kwai was a great film. 0-3

Game 25 - Australia win

Game 26 - Cameroon v Denmark


V
Cameroon will be represented by: Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California baseball

Denmark will be represented by:
Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide

Joel goes all a bit dark here. Lebanon saw hundreds of thousands killed in a bitter civil war, Charles Starkweather killed only eleven people in his two month road trip from hell alongside his 14 year old gilfriend. Starkweather is also the name of a particularly shite thrash metal band, it's not a coincidence. No winners here. 0-0

Charles de Gaulle is an airport. Oh, and also the bloke who ran away to England and then tried to convince all the French he left behind under the Nazi Jackboot to risk their lives and resist, how brave! I was wondering whether to include homicide along with Starkweather but all lyrics websites I have seen put a comma in there so I'll go along with that. Even murder is beter than being French. 0-1

Oh Jesus, more bloody rounders, the man's obsessed. I'll make no jokes about Thalidomide. 0-1

Game 26 - Denmark win


No comments: